International Arbitration and Alternative Dispute Resolution (“ADR”) are at the heart of our legal practice. Over the past ten years, Fareya Azfar acted as counsel representatives in over 200 arbitration and ADR proceedings in the UAE and England – from onset to enforcement.
We have represented clients in the UAE in ad hoc, court-ordered, and institutional arbitrations administered by International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA), Dubai International Arbitration Centre (DIFC), Abu Dhabi Commercial Conciliation and Arbitration Centre (ADCCAC), and the DIFC-LCIA.
We will advise you through all phases of the most complex and demanding commercial disputes —advising on drafting arbitration clauses, developing dispute resolution strategies, conducting arbitration hearings and seeking recourse in national courts when necessary, with respect to enforcement of arbitration agreements, awards or provisional relief.
We have invaluable knowledge and insight about the process, secretariats, arbitrators and opposing counsel.
Partner, Arbitration and ADR
+971 56 7058483
- early case evaluations and cost budgets;
- compliance with multi-tiered dispute resolution clause, and conditions precedent to the arbitration agreement.
- pre-trial expert opinions
- any proceedings for interim relief
- dealing with costs and administrative matters in ad hoc arbitrations or in liaison with the arbitral institution;
- jurisdictional challenges, preliminary procedural matters,
- composition of the arbitral tribunal
The arbitral proceedings
- written submissions,
- witnesses, testimony, experts,
- closing and cost submissions
Enforcement and Ratification
- challenges against enforcement of arbitral awards or
- formulating grounds for nullification before local courts,
- enforcement under the New York Convention, and national foreign laws