Venture Capital, Strategic Finance
We counsel venture capital, corporate venture capital and angel investors, as well as family offices, on formation, planning and executing investment strategies, investment structures, and exit strategy and execution. Viewing each client relationship as a long-term partnership, we seek to help you grow and achieve commercial success and profit.
As leaders in structuring and negotiating venture capital financings, we have cultivated and maintain strong relationships with leading U.S. institutional, seed and angel venture capital investors and play an active role in bringing the parties together. We are also actively involved in advising venture capital funds on the legal matters surrounding the formation and management of these entities.
Fareya Azfar Araoui evaluates the potential types of transactions in light of client business goals and provide advice on, among other things, the various tax consequences of each option.
How do we help
We help clients prepare for and execute equity capital raising or placement transactions.
- early-stage minority investing and the protections required
- identify the various options for reshaping your capital structure
- Assist in raising new debt, equity or hybrid capital from local and international investors.
- prepare funding requirement and capital structure analysis to justify the size of the equity capital raising required.
- determine the indicative percentage shareholding that the new investors will receive for their investment.
- final negotiations, structuring and transaction documentation
Entity formation – Our team can help determine the best strategy and structure such as corporations, LLCs and other types of entities that best meet our clients’ specific goals.
We will work with you to understand your needs and deliver a clear, cohesive and cost-effective service, leveraging our deep knowledge of the funds and venture industries and our wide network of contacts, whether you are launching a fund, or are looking for the right legal execution partner for your deals.
Our venture fund managers receive value-added services beyond legal advice including strategic introductions, as well as other benefits as part of a lasting trusted adviser relationship.