We counsel venture capital and angel investors, on formation, planning and executing investment strategies, investment structures, and exit strategy and execution.
Fareya Azfar's strategic, analytical and negotiation skills are no secret in the UAE market. She has helped close many capital financing deals and enjoys excellent relationships with the region's most active seed and angel investors.
Fareya also supports clients in the formation of special purpose vehicles in the ADGM, BVI or any jurisdiction governed by English law and guides them in managing the entities.
How Do We Help
- equity capital raising or placement transactions;
- Early-stage minority investing and the protections required by founders and minority investors alike
- reshaping capital structures
- raising alternative forms of capital such as revenue-based financing.
Entity formation — When acting as your strategic advisors, we come to deeply understand your objectives, as legal practitioners we create the best suitable corporate structure for you to execute the deal and protect your investment.
How we can help
In the aftermath of financial crises, our lawyers represented over six hundred investors to recover their claims for cancellation of sale and purchase agreements, seek compensation and recover the monies. We have also defended and handled high-value claims for developers of real estate projects in Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
- Preliminary attachment procedures
- Filing writ of execution granting the enforcement of the judgment
- Investigations to identify assets and bank accounts
- Seek court order to seize property/assets and bank accounts
- Auctioning and Sale of seized assets and lands
- Personal culpability of company directors and representatives
- Lifting of corporate veil under specific circumstances