We advise entrepreneurs and emerging companies successfully launch, grow, and finance their businesses as well as venture funds and other investors in structuring, negotiating and documenting their investments.
We provide practical legal guidance at all stages, from the structuring, negotiating, and closing of all forms of equity financings.
We have specific expertise and experience in structuring investments under the English law which appeals to international clients due to its flexibility that enables in bespoke corporate structuring.
These instruments include, without limitation, the use of BVI companies as special purpose vehicles, holding companies, securitization vehicles, special limited partnerships, as well as entities organized for family wealth management.
What we do
- early-stage minority investing and the protections required.
- Start-up and growth planning, including identifying and structuring an appropriate legal entity, negotiating investment and joint ventures.
- Create structures giving the benefits of passive investing through “direct participation” investment vehicles like limited partnerships or limited liability companies.
- advise on all aspects of their formation, growth, financing and development.
Structures focus on ‘the what, the why and the how‘. It involves finding solutions to problems which evolve with changing markets. There’s no ‘manual’ as such. The specific transaction is not something we necessarily would have seen or done before.
- Stand Alone (Single and Multi-Class) Companies.
- Segregated Portfolio Company Structures.
- Limited Partnerships
experienced in drafting all types of definitive documents to support the most appropriate structure for a transaction